With the recent advancements in technology in the healthcare industry, there has been a continuous rise in the demand for skilled technicians. One such demand is for X-ray technicians. This demand has led to the availability of various X-Ray technician courses in Mumbai.
In Mumbai, currently, one of the best courses available to become an X-ray technician is provided by Paramedical Institute of Education and Research (PIER). PIER under Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) has been training students to become a successful X-ray technician and making them job ready.
We offer a Diploma course in X-Ray Technology and Ultrasound Assistance aimed to produce quality technicians in the field of Radiology.
It is one of the best X-Ray technician course in Mumbai because the course trains the students in various techniques pertaining to the radiology so that they are able to carry out various tasks assigned to them efficiently. This course also teaches students to work as a team, handle extremely stressful conditions and sharpen their decision-making capabilities.
- The broad objectives of this course are to create a ready-to-be-employed workforce of lab technicians, who would be:
- Having a sound knowledge of the basic protocols and procedures of functioning in X-Ray and Ultrasound department
- Trained and skilled to execute the activities with strict adherence to rules and safety measures and execute the procedures with expertise
- Equipped with the right set of aptitudes and attitudes that would make them all-encompassing X-Ray Technicians and Ultrasound Assistants
After successful completion of this X-Ray technician course, students get placed in reputed hospitals and diagnostic centers in the following positions:
- Ultrasound Technician
- Radiology Technician
- Eligibility and other details
Eligibility: 12th Science
Duration: 1.5 years
Total number of Semesters – 2 (9 months each)
Course Structure: 70% OJT, 30% Theory
Examination and Assessment/ Certificate of participation
The assessment of learners would be done in the written, oral and practical examination.
Written + Oral – 50%
Practical examination – 50%
Undergoing the x-ray technician course will give the learners an upper hand in comparison to others as they will receive additional specialized training as follows:
- In-depth understanding of the functioning of the X-Ray department
- Adhering to safety protocols while performing investigations
- Patient positioning during an examination or performing the procedure
- Image Processing Techniques
- Study and performing Calibration of X-Ray equipment
- Day to day preliminary maintenance of X-Ray and Ultrasound Equipment at first level
- Steps were taken in improving Image Quality
- Awareness regarding all hospital rules and regulations
- Adaptability to regulations specific to the hospital working
Feel free to get in touch with us and we shall guide you in finding the X-Ray technician course in Mumbai